2014 Honda CTX 700
Tomorrow’s Touring Twin.
Talk about a bike that can do it all: Honda’s new 2014 CTX700 is your new dream machine. Part of our new CTX series, the CTX700 offers the comfort and weather protection of a full fairing, as well as a laid-back riding position with more forward-set hand controls and footpegs. A full range of Honda Genuine Accessories lets you set it up with saddlebags, backrests, and just about any other touring- or comfort-related feature you could ever want.
Comfortable Cruising: With its relaxed riding position, the new CTX700 allows you to settle down into the bike a bit more, and get to stretch out more, too. The up-front pegs and low seat make it easy to put your feet down at stoplights, too.
Your Power Partner: The CTX700’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces tons of torque and enough power for easy two-up touring. Honda twins are famous for their wide powerbands and fuel efficiency, and this new engine is one of our best.
Convenient Storage: We want the new CTX700 to be a bike you’ll want to ride every day, not just on weekends. That’s why we went out of our way to design in user-friendly features like the integrated storage—perfect for items you need to access fast.
Full-Fairing Comfort: With its new full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 lets you enjoy long trips in comfort. But that fairing is a great choice for commuters on chilly mornings too—this is a bike that can really do it all.
Make it Your Own: A wide array of accessories designed specifically for the CTX700 are available to help you get what you want out of your new ride. Saddlebags and backrests are a natural choice for the touring rider, but we have plenty more too.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution, the CTX700’s engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270-degree-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Reduced Vibration: You don't need to rattle and shake when riding a motorcycle. The CTX700's engine counterbalancer and rubber-mounted footpegs let you enjoy the ride on your commute or on a weekend getaway.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Honda’s Electronic Fuel Injection means easy startups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- 41mm Fork: With 4.2 inches of travel, the CTX700 soaks up the bumps and jolts in rough pavement, but also provides excellent handling and superior feedback through the handlebar.
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes: Single front- and rear disc brakes give the CTX700 great stopping power.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from, and really help the CTX700 handle like a pro on the street. The cast wheels are light and strong too.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: Offering 4.3 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System rear shock, the CTX700 eats up rough pavement while giving you a smoother ride.
- Diamond-Shape Steel Frame: Light, strong, and with just the right amount of stiffness, the CTX700’s rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- Relaxed Rider Position: The CTX700 was designed for a comfortable, confidence-inspiring ride. The rider triangle was designed to provide a relaxed riding position for most riders, so you won't feel cramped up after just a few miles down the road.
- Low Seat Height: With a seat height of just 28.3 inches, the new CTX700 is confidence-inspiring and comfortable. Combine that with the forward-set controls, and it's easy to flat-foot it at stoplights or in parking lots.
- Low Center of Gravity: The CTX700's low center of gravity makes for a more confidence inspiring, all-around riding experience.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge, and two tripmeters. The instruments are light, compact, and easy to read, too.
- Full-Coverage Fairing: With its new full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 really adds to your comfort on long trips. The fairing upper and lower components are unique to this model, and are integrated with rest of the bike.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The new CTX700 offers a convenient utility compartment that’s in the fuel-tank area, making it easy to reach.
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73mm x 80mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 36mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 114.0mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.17 gal.
- Model Id: CTX700
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Cool Candy Red, Pearl White
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin, SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 670 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI, 36mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 60.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- 4.4 in. (114.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.17 gal.
- Final Drive
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Cool Candy Red, Pearl White