2013 Honda CB 500X
Stock Image: Matte Black Metallic
If you could use a little more adventure in your life—and who couldn’t? — the CB500X can deliver on that idea at a surprisingly affordable price. The adventure-style CB500X delivers a fun-to-ride option with an extra dose of versatility. The compact windscreen up front can be adjusted to varying heights, and the larger-capacity fuel tank has been carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position.
The CB500X delivers plenty of performance to adventure sport touring riders, with its thoroughly modern, torquey 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine. Its upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders, and the shape and height of the seat give more rider freedom. The CB500X is an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle for practical in-town riding, or fun adventure-sport touring.
Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine: An all-new design, the CB500X’s is built with a high performance, liquid-cooled 500cc DOHC parallel-twin engine that offers plenty of accessible power. Honda twins have always had some of the best motorcycle engines anywhere: reliable, efficient and fun to ride.
Adventure-Based Riding Position: Upright and athletic, the CB500X’s riding position, with its wide handlebar, taller seat, and fuel tank design, maximizes freedom of movement for use in both adventure and commuting.
Honda Genuine Accessories: The CB500X has a full line of available Honda Genuine Accessories, including heated grips, rear trunk, tall windscreen and centerstand.
- DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Lower Cowl: The CB500X is equipped with a lower cowl to protect the exhaust pipe and engine from flying stones and other debris when riding on rough surfaces. Air intakes are incorporated into the design provide effective cooling.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500X’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- 12-spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500X’s lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling, and are another CB500X feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: The CB500X is a lightweight, dynamic motorcycle that offers adventure style with an upright riding position. While not a dual-sport, the new CB500X still has the posture of an adventure machine with a unique fuel tank design that offers ability to freely move the body weight.
- Digital Instrumentation: An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer aned tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Halogen Headlight: A single 60-Watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500X give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Adjustable Windscreen: The windscreen on the CB500X is manually adjustable up to 40mm for optimal wind protection.
- Stepped Seat: The new CB500X’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offers freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding, and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
- Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 109mm (4.29 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 430 lb. includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel -- ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Model Id: CB500X
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 500 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in.
- 26.5 deg.
- 109 mm (4.29 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 430 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Matte Black Metallic