2009 Suzuki BOULEVARD M90
Introducing the all-new Suzuki Boulevard M90.
It's a stylish, streamlined power cruiser that takes its styling cues from the incredible M109R. The new liquid-cooled engine is strong and smooth. And the 200mm rear tire makes a strong mark will allowing amazingly nimble handling.
- All new powerful long stroke V-twin engine features single overhead cams, water cooling, and four valves per cylinder, with the cylinders set at a 54 degree angle.
- Bore and stroke of 96.0mm x 101.0mm for a full 1462cc (90 ci) of displacement
- Compression ratio of 9.5:1
- Two 33mm intake valves and the two 30mm exhaust valves in each combustion chamber are set at a narrow 20 degrees from the cylinder centerline
- Each compact combustion chamber carries dual spark plugs, which fire at the same time during low rpm, light load running but fire at staggered intervals during high rpm, high load conditions, increasing combustion efficiency and fuel efficiency while also reducing emissions.
- Each aluminum alloy cylinder is plated with SCEM nickel phosphorus silicon carbide coating which reduces friction and increases heat transfer, durability and ring sealing.
- Aluminum-alloy slipper pistons have cutaway sides to reduce friction and each piston carries three rings.
- The upper compression ring and oil ring on each piston are electro plated with a chrome-nitride coating applied in a vacuum chamber using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) system. The chrome-nitride PVD coating is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating.
- Each piston rides on a chrome-moly steel connecting rod, which is shot peened to improve durability and strength.
- The underside of each piston is cooled by a stream of oil directed from the crankcase oil gallery.
- The forged steel crankshaft?s offset crankpins produce the staggered firing order internal combustion heartbeat and elongated exhaust note that attract cruiser riders
- The M90 engine is tuned to deliver strong, smooth torque across the rpm range, with peak torque produced at just 2600 rpm.
- Large flywheels help smooth out low rpm power pulses, as does a spring loaded primary drive damper bolted to the end of the crankshaft.
- A spring loaded scissor type split primary drive gear mounted on the crankshaft also reduces mechanical noise.
- Power is delivered through a wide ratio five speed transmission and a shock reducing damper, through a clean running, reliable drive shaft to the rear wheel.
- The Suzuki Boulevard M90?s advanced digital fuel injection system and engine management system is designed to increase throttle response while also getting the most out of every drop of fuel, producing broad power and reducing emissions.
- 32 bit 512kb ROM engine management computer and state of the art SDTV fuel injection system.
- Each cylinder has its own 42mm throttle body featuring Suzuki advanced SDTV Fuel injection system.
- An Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system regulates the amount of air fed into the throttle body idle circuits, improving cold starting, reducing cold start emissions and stabilizing engine idle under varying conditions.
- Suzuki?s proven PAIR system uses a solenoid valve controlled by the engine management system to inject fresh air from the airbox into the exhaust ports, igniting any unburned hydrocarbons and reducing carbon monoxide emissions.
- Dual chromed slash cut exhaust system features a built in catalyzer that further reduces hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions.
- The internal design of the mufflers cancel out reflecting exhaust waves, reducing drops in backpressure and smoothing power delivery.
- To reduce mechanical noise, each cylinder heads cam cover is separate from the cam bearing caps and a rubber gasket is used between the cylinder head and the cam cover.
- The Boulevard M90?s stylish cutting edge look features sleek flowing lines swooping from a distinctive headlight cowl to a smooth tail section and wider rear fender covering a massive 200 section rear tire
- A sporty front fender compliments the headlight cowl with a smooth tapered shape.
- The M90 features a steel tube frame with a hidden rear shock absorber, for the look of a classic rigid hardtail without the accompanying rough ride.
- The new swingarm is also built from strong steel tubing and incorporates the driveshaft on the left side.
- Inverted front forks have 43mm inner tubes and deliver 5.12 inches (130mm) of wheel travel.
- The frame incorporates three rubber engine mounting points to reduce vibration.
- The low center of gravity and careful design and positioning of the long chrome plated sidestand help make it more convenient for the rider to pick up the M90 off its sidestand.
- Distinctive cast aluminum alloy wheels carry wide Bridgestone radial tires specifically designed for the M90.
- Dual fully floating front brake discs measure 290mm each and work with dual piston calipers
- The rear brake disc measures 275mm and works with a single dual piston caliper.
- Tastefully chromed engine covers, air cleaner covers, shaft drive secondary cover, swingarm pivot cover and exhaust system heat shields give the M90 an exciting look
- To maintain the M90?s clean lines the rear brake fluid reservoir is remotely located away from the right-side, forward position footpeg, brake pedal and master cylinder.
- The long stretched fuel tank holds a full 4.76 gallons (18 liters) of fuel
- The multi reflector headlight features a 60/55w halogen high/low beam bulb. The passing light feature both beams are illuminated.
- The low maintenance LED tail light features a fisheye Fresnel-cut smoked red lens.
- Special attention to comfort started with the Suzuki Boulevard M90?s wide, well padded seat including extra length to allow the rider to slide forward or rearward on long rides.
- Careful consideration was paid to the relationship between the comfortable seat, the forward mounted rubber covered footpegs and control levers and a relatively short reach to the flat bend drag style chromed handlebars.
- The comfortable passenger seat can easily be replaced with an optional tailsection cowl for solo rides.
- Chromed drag style handlebars feature a 1.0 inch diameter and control switches and levers are ergonomically designed to improve the machine interface, adding to rider comfort.
- Massive rear fender and LED Tail light combination accent the 200mm rear tire
- Engine: 1462 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, OHC
- Bore Stroke: 96.0 mm x 101.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition: Fully transistorized
- Transmission: 5-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
- Overall Length: 2390 mm (94.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 870 mm (34.3 in.)
- Overall Height: 1100 mm (43.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 716 mm (28.2 in.)
- Ground Clearance: N/A
- Wheelbase: 1690mm (66.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 328kg (723 lbs.)
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring
- Suspension Rear: Lynk type, oil damped, coil spring
- Brakes Front: 2-piston calipers, 290 mm disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: 2-piston caliper, 275mm disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR18M/C (59W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 200/50ZR17M/C (75W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.0 L (4.7 US gal)
- Color: Black, Blue, Red
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, OHC
- 1462 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0 x 101.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Fully transistorized
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring
- Rear Suspension
- Lynk type, oil damped, coil spring
- Front Brakes
- 2-piston calipers, 290 mm disc, twin
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston caliper, 275mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR18M/C (59W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 200/50ZR17M/C (75W), tubeless
- 66.5 in. (1690 mm)
- Seat Height
- 28.2 in. (716 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal (18.0 l)
- Dry Weight
- 723 lbs. (328 kg)
- 5-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Shaft Drive
- Black, Blue, Red