2008 Yamaha V-STAR 1300
XVS 13 AXS
All things in moderation, nothing in excess. That's the idea begind the V Star 1300. At the heart of it beats a fuel-injected 80 cube engine, surrounded by a chassis built to handle. Finished off with a little streamlined style and plenty of Star quality engineering.
- Midsize Star brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
- Neo-streamline design, including a seamless gas tank and two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
- Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike's weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
- Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
- Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
- Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Chromed cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
- Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean, pure looks.
- Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
- New AC generator and increased voltage regulator capacity optimizes performance.
- Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
- Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil pressure, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
- Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Engine Type: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: FI
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Double Cradle
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Tires/Front: 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Tires/Rear: 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- Wheels: 7-spoke cast
- Length: 98.0 in
- Width: 38.6 in
- Height: 43.9 in
- Seat Height: 28.1 in
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in
- Dry Weight: 624 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.9 gal
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- All-new steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts— including one atop the front cylinder head—for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
- Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
- 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- A thick, chromed handlebar rides in painted clamps for a custom look.
- Seamless fuel tank carries 4.9 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the thin tank design.
- Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
- A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
- Strong, light and virtually maintenance-free belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Engine Type
- 80 cu. in. (1304 cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- 1304 cc (80 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0 x 83.0 mm
- Liquid Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Rear Tire
- 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- 66.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.9 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 624 lbs
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Raven (Black Metallic) , Liquid Silver (Silver 3) and Candy Red/Black Cherry (Deep Metallic Red)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)