Ride$ Under 5
Browse By Activity
Browse By Brand
Browse By Category
Promo x of x
ATV vs UTV:
WHAT VEHICLE TO USE WHEN
The world of 4-wheeled vehicles has expanded to include some amazing rides and Schiets Motorsports carries a great selection for you to choose from. If you are not sure if you need/want an ATV or a UTV, here are some things to consider:
Use an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) When:
1. You need to be nimble. ATVs are best suited for quick turns and operate well in tight woods, or situations where you are quickly hopping on/off and/or hauling small cargo loads. Many ATVs can be put in the back of a pickup truck or can be easily towed to a riding venue.
2. You’re in a race. ATVs come in different forms and sport quads are smaller, lighter and designed for high-performan e riding and racing. You can get a Yamaha YFZ450, Yamaha Raptor 700, Honda TRX450R or a Kawasaki KFX450R.
If you are in a race to get work done, look at the utility ATVs, such as the Yamaha Grizzly, Suzuki King Quad and the Kawasaki Brute Force: they are larger, heavier and have big fenders to protect you from mud. They have racks for cargo and tools and can tow heavy loads, but can also be ridden on trails. They are often used by hunters and landowners for small projects- like plowing snow.
3. You’re on a budget. ATVs are typically much less expensive, although they are still very high-tech with power steering, four-wheel independent suspension, electronic fuel injection and complex four-wheel drive systems.
Use a Utility Vehicle (UTV) When:
1. You have a lot to haul. UTVs often have a large dumping rear cargo hold, providing for a larger load than most ATVs can haul without a trailer. Truck-like cabs and upright seats provide more comfort for riders, especially when covering many miles.
2. You’re performing specialized work. Lots of accessories allow UTV owners to design a machine suited to specific needs. UTVs can be sporty, such as the Kawasaki Teryx, designed for high performance. Looking for a true work-horse? Consider the following models: Kawasaki Mule, Honda Pioneer, or the Yamaha Viking.
3. You’re showing off. There is an amazing amount of customization available to UTV owners: cab kits, specialty HID and LED lighting, stereo systems, in-cab heaters, plus upgraded wheels and tires. Did we mention enhancing vehicle performance?
Our sales team at Schiets Motorsports is happy to answer any questions about ATVs or UTVs and assist you in choosing the vehicle that is perfect for your needs. Test rides available..